The UMEA State Choral Festival was held last Friday-Saturday, May 15-16 in the stunning Libby Gardner Concert Hall at the University of Utah. High School choirs from throughout the State of Utah who qualified at the region level were invited to perform their festival repertoire for a panel of adjudicators. The Maple Mountain Concert Choir, Sorelle Voce, and Men's Chorus all earned straight superior ratings at the State festival, and garnered some pretty substantial complimentary feedback from the clinicians. We congratulate our choral students, and appreciate your support! We would appreciate any compliments you might pass on to choral students who are in your class(es). We're so very proud of them and the tremendous success they've experienced this year!
The performances were recorded live. You can hear them here:
Tonight's Concerto-Aria and Masterworks Concert takes place at 7:00pm in our auditorium. Our soloists include:
- Hannah Bateman, Viola Concerto in C Minor, mvt. III, by J.C. Bach
- Allison Ells, Piano Concerto No. I, mvt. I, by Muczynski
- Caitlyn Nixon, Soprano, Oh Had I Jubel's Lyre, by G.F. Handel
- Emma Hansen & Tasha Jackson, Violin Duet Concerto--Navarra for Two Violins, by Pablo de Sarasate
- Hannah Blonquist, Soprano, Quia Respexit by J.S. Bach
- Caroline Hickey, Soprano, Vedrai Carino by W.A. Mozart
- Matthew Searcy, Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, mvt.III, by Sergei Rachmaninoff
In addition to these soloists, the Concert Choir and Chamber Singers will perform Mozart's Gloria, from his Coronation Mass in C.
These students have worked so hard all year, and sound so good! They would love to see you in the audience tonight. Very short concert!
MMHS Choirs present their Spring Choral Showcase tomorrow night, 7:00pm in the Auditorium. It's going to be such a fun concert! Join us!